- Using the Diagram: Starting with the 8” side, score at 3 14” and again at 5 ¼” down the full length of the 12” paper.
- Rotate the paper to the 12” side and score at 1 ¾” and again at 6 ¼”.
- Rotate back to the 8” side and score at 1 ½” and 7” in between the 1 ¾” and 6 ¼” horizontal score lines that were created in step 3.
- Rotate the paper to the 12” side. Using your paper trimmer, cut the score lines at 1 ¾” and 6 ¼’ just to the center vertical score lines on both sides. (see diagram)
- Using a ruler, measure and place a small mark at the 7 ¾” mark on both sides vertically. Rotate the paper and measure and place a small mark at ½” from both center vertical score lines. Connect these marks on both sides to form two triangles. Use your paper trimmer to cut and discard these triangles.
- Fold on all the score lines and secure the folds with a bone folder.
- Fold the bottom section (1 3/4” piece) up and fold the scored side into the center like “U” shape.
- Fold the center sections that you've scored at 1 1/2" in the middle over the bottom section to make the sides of the box thicker and more stable. Secure the flaps down with tacky tape.
- Fold the top section up and place flaps inside the box. Secure with tacky tape.
- Use the Xyron 5" Creative Station to run the patterned paper strip through and adhere to the bottom portion of the box. Embellish as you wish.
- Make your own cards to this size 4 1/2" x 5 1/2".
- Use the Xyron Wishblade to cut out shapes and patterns to add to your cards.
- Use the Xyron Design Runner and Xyron Design Disc maker to make custom phrases on your cards. Use the Xyron 5" Creative Station to add pieces to your cards. Embellish as you wish.
Other Products Used
- 8 1/2" x 12" Colored Cardstock
- 14" x 1 1/2" piece of Patterned Paper (piece 2 strips together)
- Various sizes of Patterned Papers
- Paper Trimmer
- Scoring Device
- Tacky Tape for box
- Ruler and Pencil