Paper Swirl Animals
Paper Swirl Animals
- Chicken: Use the yellow cardstock to cut a 2 1/2" egg shape for body, 1 1/2"circle for head, 1" circle for feathers and wing, and a small triangle for beak. Cut eighteen 1/8" x 4" yellow cardstock strips. Twirl them around a toothpick. Run yellow body shape through the Xyron 2.5" create-a-sticker or 5" create-a-sticker. Adhere 18 strips onto egg body. Use the Xyron 3/8" runner to adhere beak and wiggle eye to chicken head, the wing and tail feathers to the body and clothes pin to back of body for legs.
- Rabbit: Cut a 1/4" black triangle shape for nose. Use the white cardstock to cut a 2 1/2" egg shape for body, 1 3/4"circle for head, two 1" ear shapes and two 3/4" oval shapes for the feet. Cut fifteen 1/8" x 4" white cardstock strips and 2 pink cardstock strips. Twirl them around a toothpick. Run the egg shape body and ears through the Xyron 2.5" create-a-sticker. Adhere the 18 white strips to the body and the pink to the ears. Use the Xyron 3/8" runner to adhere black nose to face, 2 oval feet, small craft ball as the tail and clothes pin to the back of the rabbit. Use the black pen to draw a mouth.
- Sheep: Cut a 3" circle from the white cardstock. Cut forty 1/8" x 4" strips of white cardstock. Twirl around toothpick. Cut 1" triangle from the black cardstock and round corners. Cut out ears. Run the body, face and ears thru the Xyron 5" Creative Station. Adhere the 40 strips of cardstock to the body, then adhere the black face and ears to the strips. Use the Xyron 3/8" runner to adhere the wiggle eyes to face and the clothes pin to the back of the rabbit.
- Flower: Cut one 2" circle and five 1" circles from lavendar cardstock. Cut twenty lavendar 1/8" x 4" cardstock strips. Twirl strips around toothpick. Use the Xyron 3/8" runner to adhere small circles around perimeter of large circle. Adhere swirls of paper to small circles. Cut 1 1/2" circle from yellow cardstock. Cut nine cardstock strips. Twirl strips around toothpick. Run both sides of the yellow circle thru the Xyron 2.5" create-a-sticker. Adhere swirls to circle. Adhere circle to center of flower. Cover clothes pin with green cardstock. Cut two leaves. Adhere leaves to stem. Cut twelve strips of paper and create swirls. Adhere swirls to leaves. Adhere stem to flower.
- Basket & Eggs: Cut eggs from yellow, blue and pink cardstock. Cut five 1/8" x 4" strips of cardstock from each color. Twirl around toothpicks. Run the eggs thru the Xyron 2.5" create-a-sticker. Adhere strips to eggs. Cut basket shape from peach cardstock. Cut several 1/4" wide strips of cardstock. Create a woven pattern from strips. Use the Xyron 2.5" create-a-sticker to adhere to basket and trim around edges. Use the Xyron 3/8" runner to adhere the handle and eggs to back of basket.
Other Products Used
- Chicken: Yellow Cardstock
- Rabbit: White, Pink & Black Cardstock
- Sheep: White & Black Cardstock
- Basket & Eggs: Peach, Pink, Blue & Yellow Cardstock
- Flower: Lavender, Yellow & Green Cardstock
- Lion: Yellow & Orange Cardstock
- Clothes Pins
- Wiggle Eyes
- Black Pen
- Clothes Pin
- Small Craft Ball