My Family Book
My Family Book
- Run the large back cover and the two smaller covers through the Xyron Creatopia with Fabric Refillz cartrdige. Remove the pieces from the paper and apply the fabric to the adhesive. I laid the fabric out on the table in front of me and centered the covers over each piece. Smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles in the fabric and use scissors to trim the excess fabric from the edges.
- Use the Xyron Creatopia Cutz and Cutz Cartridges to cut decorative mats. Use the Xyron Creatopia Border Patternz to emboss patterns into your cardstock.
- Run all the papers and cardstock through the Xyron Creatopia with the right sides facing up and apply to the inside of all the covers and the two pages. Use a blade to trim off any overhang then ink the edges of the fabric and the papers with the chalk ink or the ink and sponge.
- Punch holes in all the cover pieces and the pages. I set my blue Bind-It-All to “C” and punched one end of the chipboard, then flipped it around and punched from the other end. The holes lined up in the middle. I don’t own the pink machine, so you may want to test the alignment on that machine by punching holes in a spare piece of 6x6’ paper.
- Line up the covers and pages. Put the binding through all the punched holes and use the Bind-It-All to close the binding.
- Embellish the front cover of the book and add the knotted ribbons to the bindings. To make the ribbon flower on the front cover you will need a 12” piece of ribbon and the needle and thread. Run a stitch along one side of the ribbon and pull to gather. Tie the thread in a knot and arrange the ribbon so that the rough ends are hidden. Attach to the book using adhesive dots and add a button for the center.
- Tips: Ink the edges of any cardstock pieces before attaching. Tie thread or ribbon through the holes of chipboard pieces and buttons. Layer more than one embellishment (stickers and flowers, etc.) to add interest. Group embellishments in odd numbers. Pull inspiration for your embellishments from the papers and fabric. I used a lot of hearts because they are repeated a lot on the fabric on the covers.
Other Products Used
- Book Kit: includes binding, chipboard covers and pages
- Matching Papers and Cardstock
- 7-8 Photo's
- Pop Dots
- Assorted Embellishments and Ribbons
- Pen or Maker for Journaling
- Brown Chalk or Ink Pad
- Thread, Embroidery Floss and Needle
- Glitter Glue
- Zutter Bind-It-All