Mother's Day Coupon Box
Mother's Day Coupon Box
As featured in Hobby Lobby's Stamping, Stationery and Scrapbooking.
- Trace every side of hanging card holder to backside of "Clover Vine", using the wall pocket as a guide. Take special care to make sure the side pieces are in the correct direction, because they are being traced on the backside of the patterned paper. Cut out all pieces, ink with distress ink, and distress with heart attack distressing tool.
- Using the already cut side pieces from "Clover Vine" as patterns, cut 2 more from "Vintage Black Branch", as in liner pieces for inside of pocket. Cut another piece from "Vintage Black Branch" to be used for the back inside of pocket, about 3 inches deep by the length of the inside of pocket vertical length. Ink and distress all pieces and then run all of the outside and inside pieces through Xyron 9" Creative Station.
- Adhere all pieces to corresponding spots of wall pocket.
- Cut a 4 inch circle from "Vintage Bookprint" patterned paper, ink and distress, run thru Xyron 9" Creative Station and adhere to lower right hand corner of front of wall pocket.
- From "Coupon' patterned paper cut a strip, 7 coupons high, ink and distress, run through Xyron 9" Creative Station and adhere ½ inch from right side and on top of circle.
- Cut a 1x12 strip from "Vintage Star dot" patterned paper, cut a 3 inch long piece from that strip, snip a notch in the end of each length of patterned paper (the 3 inch piece and the 9 inch piece), ink and distress each piece, run through the 150 with permanent adhesive. Take longer strip and adhere it horizontally ¾ inch from bottom of wall pocket. Take shorter piece and adhere it vertically ½ inch from upper right corner.
- From "Cream and Black Polka Dot" patterned patterned paper cut a 1x2 inch strip, snip a notch in one end, ink and distress, run through Xyron 1.5" create-a-sticker and adhere vertically ½ inch over from 3 inch strip in upper left corner.
- From "School House" patterned paper, cut out the letters, m, o, m, ink and distress, run through the Xyron 1.5" create-a-sticker and adhere vertically along the left side of "Coupon" strip
- Using the Spellbinders nestabilities classic scallop circles, cut one 3 inch scallop circle from "Vintage Black Branch" ink and distress, run through 900 and adhere at the point where the coupon and the star patterned paper intersect.
- Continuing with the Spellbinders classic scallop circles, (3 inch scallop circle) Using the kraft gift tissue, cut our 10 scalloped circles. Stack all of the scalloped circles, then with a needle and thread, stitch an x in the center of the circles to secure them together. Scrunch up each layer to create a full and dimensional flower. With a glue dot, attach a black button to center of flower. With another glue dot, attach flower to center of scallop circle.
- With a paper piercer, poke holes at the upper intersection of the circle and coupon, the intersection of the circle and star strip and the right side of the white polka dot patterned paper, attach gemstone antique flower brads to each of those spots.
- Thread a length of black twill thru holes at back side of wall pocket and tie a knot at the top.
Other Products Used
- Jenni Bowlin Classic Red/Black Paper Pad
- Core'dinations Vintage Brights Cardstock
- Hobby Lobby Gemstone Antique Flower Brads
- Hobby Lobby Black Buttons
- Hobby Lobby Black Twill
- Spellbinder's Classic Scalloped Circles
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Black Soot
- We R Memory Keepers Heart Attack Distressing Tool
- Needle and Black Thread
- Glue Dot