- If using the PDF file, enlarge pattern and print. If using the .FS file, In Create and Cut, you can enlarge Chandelier pattern to fit the size of foam core board. Print using the “Tile” option in your print dialog box so that it will print out then entire design on several sheets of paper. Place printed pages through the Creatopia using repositionable adhesive cartridge. Adhere the printed pages to the foam core board.
- Using a craft Knife cut out each chandelier piece and 12 circles and candle holders. Cover each piece with a light coat of glitter.
- Assemble the main chandelier pieces by sliding them together. Take each Styrofoam ball and press into the top and bottom of the chandelier. Press firmly so the Styrofoam ball forms to the chandelier pieces.
- Punch a hole into each side of “chandelier-a” then place a key ring through each hole and hang with chain
- Cut 12 – one inch x 12” strips using the Xyron Creatopia Cutz cartridges with the scallop cut on one side and the straight cut on the other.
- Place each strip through the Xyron Creatopia Border Patternz star cartridge.
- Place strips through the Xyron Creatopia with permanent adhesive. Wrap each strip around each cut circle. Place the 12 wrapped circles on the 12 candleholder pieces. Place each piece on Chandelier. If pieces are wobbly adhere with hot glue.
- Using the Xyron Creatopia Cutz and the straight blade cut twelve 4 - 1/2” x 6” strips for candles and twelve 1” x 6” strips for candle accents. Cut twelve ¼” x 12” strips. Place all strips through the Creatopia with permanent adhesive cartridge.
- Using the 1” circle punch make 12 circles. Fold the smallest strips in half and adhere the fold to the back of each circle. Roll the 4 - 1/2” strips around the circle to form a candle (with the thin strips adhering to the inside of the candle. Use the 1” strips to around each candle. Hot glue each candle to the chandelier as shown. Attach a small piece of string to the top of each candle to form a wick.
- Place leftover paper scraps through the Xyron Creatopia with permanent adhesive cartridge. Tear the paper into scraps and cover each styrofoam ball with paper. Use glitter glue to cover the entire surface of the ball. When dry, hot glue each ball to the top and bottom of the chandelier.
- Place all large embellishments through the Xyron Creatopia, it will allow up to 1/2" thick. Place embellishments on chandelier. Add strings of beads and jewels as shown. Two large jewels can be sandwiched between the string or wire to form hanging embellishments.
- You can eliminate steps 8 through 9 by adding real candles – small votive candles would work great. Instead of hanging beads around the chandelier hang Halloween lights around it. Note: Some types of foam core board can warp. In the event that it does, after pieces are dry, but before assembling, place under a heavy box to flatten. Use additional hot glue to hold it together.
Other Products Used
- 2 Sheeets Black Foan Core Board
- 2 Styrofoam Boalls
- Black Glitter
- Variety of Scrapbook Ppaer and/or Cardstock
- Jewels, Brads and other Embellishments
- Wire or Thread
- 2 Key Rings and Chain to Hang
- Craft knife
- Needle or Punch
- Chandelier Pattern
- Hot Glue Gun