- Cut off top part of jeans to desired length of apron and cut off inside seam to open the ‘leg’ and let the fabric lie flat. Fold under the bottom edge of apron ½" and press. Fold under sides of apron ½”, press and stitch.
- Width of fabric will be 5”. Measure the width of the apron bottom and add half as much to determine length of fabric to cut. (example: apron is 10” in width, add another 5” to equal 15” in length to be cut from fabric.) Press a length of cotton ribbon in half (so it will be 2.5” in width by your length) wrong sides together. Sew the open edges together using a baste stitch on your machine using a normal seam allowance. Leave enough thread at both ends of the fabric to gather the fabric to the exact length of the apron bottom. After gathering fabric secure thread. With the fabric under the bottom of the apron line up the bottom edge of the apron and the stitch line of the fabric and sew close to the bottom of the apron.
- Run ric ric thru the Xyron Creatopia and position onto bottom of apron covering the stitches you made secure the ruffle to the apron. After ric rac is in desired position stitch in place.
- Use the same measuring technique as done above and cut the fabric for the tie around the top of the apron. The width of this fabric will be 6”. Fold in half wrong sides together and press (should now be 3 " in width.) Open and press under all edges under ¼ ". Run thru the Xyron Creatopia and gently remove the adhesive backing from fabric. With fabric open center the apron onto the fabric. Gently fold the fabric together, using the pressed folds as your guides, and stitch sides and bottom edges of fabric to finish.
- Decorate pocket on apron with stitched on ribbon, beads and buttons to make the word ART. You can make this initials or other design if you like.
- Take a rectangle piece of jean fabric cut to size that will fit your apron. Press under all sides ¼ inch and stitch.
- Cut ribbon and/or ric rac to length of pocket and run thru the Creatopia. Remove adhesive backing and place on pocket every 1/2”. Position pocket onto apron and stitch sides and bottom to apron. Leave top open. Stitch down the center of the ribbon and/or ric rac from top to bottom of pocket.
Other Products Used
- Old Pair of Jeans with Back Pocket
- Cotton Fabric 6” Width for Top Tie and 5” Width for Bottom Ruffle (length will vary depending on size of apron)
- Ric Rac, Ribbon, Beads
- Embroidery Thread
- Sewing Thread
- Sewing Machine with Heavy Duty Needle
- Measuring Tape